ivflink.com Forums  

Go Back   ivflink.com Forums > DHEA and IVF > DHEA research pro and con
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DHEA research pro and con Post both the good news and the not so good that you come across related to DHEA, or other aging ovaries treatments.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 02:21 PM

Default What about the numbers?

Someone who is not so wild about DHEA told me to Google DHEA + egg production" or something similar and check out a few of the postings. so I did that and yeah I see there some positive results and also some negative ones, or more accurately, agnositic ones who are not convinced dhea really does anything to increase egg production. But to all the pooh poohers I say so what? When you are 42 like me and closer to the end than the beginning, what does it hurt to try it?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:25 PM

I agree, Pony! It's not like dhea is some kind of experimental drug with unknown side effects. It's a legal over the counter drug. the only difference in using it for egg stimulation vs. the s athletic uses for which was orginially sold is that we might be applying a slightly different quantity. I've done the same as you, gone online and looked at the research and my conclusion is that while no one can say for sure that it works, no at all is saying that it's dangerous or risky. So I agree with you, try it. What do we have to lose?