ivflink.com Forums  

Go Back   ivflink.com Forums > All about IVF > General IVF
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General IVF An overall discussion of general IVF topics, focusing on general IVF questions and methods, and experiences with IVF procedures.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2008, 12:19 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14
Default Making the decision to move to IVF...

We have been TTC our first child for 2+years. We recently went through 3 failed IUI cycles with Clomid. We have unexplained IF, literally NOTHING has shown up.

The next logical step would be IUI with injectable meds....but we aren't sure....

We could afford to do IVF in April or May.

We are trying to decide whether it is better to save our money and skip the injectable IUI cycles and just save up and get healthy for an IVF cycle in the Spring. I know there are other tests out there as well, but it is hard to tell what might be helpful and I just don't want to spend months and months and tons of money chasing down a rabbit hole. I don't know what's right, don't know what to do.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2008, 07:36 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4
Default

It is difficult and disappointing in your type of situation. As for what is right, whatever you are most comfortable with is right for you. Depending on your insurance coverage and number of IVF cycles allowed since you have tried numerous IUI cycles it might not be a bad idea to go straight to IVF instead of the IUI injectable cycle. However, if you have the money &/or coverage, why not try one IUI cycle again & plan for IVF in Spring? Since you have invested so much time already, maybe you are ready for the next step which might increase your odds.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-28-2008, 10:36 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4
Post

I am also on my third IUI I had 1 w/o the injectable med and 2 with. I just went for my preg test today. I pray they say +. I guess I will find out later today. The wait is the worst. If they tell me it didn't take I will begin prep. for IVF. I am lucky my ins covers it. I can't tell you if you should just move into IVF bc I know it's expensive. I guess it depends on your finances. But in the research I have done and from my dr's your rate drops after three IUI's. It's as if your body reaches a plateau.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 62
Default

I have no clue about IUI's as I never had to do them. I was immediately to do IVF and I wouldn't change my decision for any amount of $ in the world. Best of luck in your decision. ((hugs))
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0