ivflink.com Forums  

Go Back   ivflink.com Forums > All about IVF > Pre-IVF
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pre-IVF Pre-IVF preparation is a crucial part of achieving a successful IVF experience. Share your thoughts on pre-IVF expections and hopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieanne323 View Post
Thank for the info Kaimi. I work at home, remotely auditing/accounting for a local hospital. So I can take it easy while working at the same time. But, I will definitely be as still as possible. My doctor is conservative and only implants 2 embryos at a time. I think they said that the success rate wasn't much different by implanting more and they do want to avoid multiples. I am 35 and have Endometriosis, but I don't think my age is a factor. I think he only does 2 at a time for all patients. But I could be wrong, who knows.....
He called today and said all 6 fertilized and cells are dividing properly, but that it's not likely they will all make it to Wednesday when they do the transfer...but I can hope! My ovaries are still sore, but the left one hurts more because I had 6 on that side and 3 on the right side. But I do feel much better than yesterday. Good luck with you meds. Mid-November is almost here so you will be on your way soon too.
why did your RE say that they are dividing properly but that it's not likely they will make it to Wednesday? Sorry, that seems kind of rude to "assume" beforehand. Hm.

I'm on cycle day 2. started my 1st injection this morning at 5a.m. and now it's time too rest.

keep me posted! thinking of you! (hugs)
Old 11-11-2008, 11:32 AM

Hi Kaimi. Aren't the injections fun? Not! I'm on my 9th day of those horrible progesterone oil shots. I hope they end soon. They reduced 2cc down to 1cc as of yesterday, so now it's only half the pain, lol. I guess the doctor was just going off his experience that they wouldn't all make it to blastocyst at the 5 day mark. Turns out he was right since I only ended up with 3 embryos out of 6 eggs. Two implanted and one to freeze. My blood test is this Saturday Nov. 15th. I'm having some mild cramping going on, but I know that's not necessarily a symptom of beng pg, it could just be side effects from the drugs and the transfer itself. So, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, yet trying to be positive at the same time. I do hope it is implantation that's causing cramping though...that would sure be nice. Good luck with your injections..hope they aren't too painful for you.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:12 AM

hey pple.. i know its been a while since my last update.. i did my retrieval on friday and embryo transfer monday.. so now i wait for the 25th of nov to go for pregnancy test... i wish u all d best..i had 13embryo removed, but only two made it and was transferred.. i pray for a positive result in two weeks , everthing is now in Gods hands and not the doctors.. i dont work so i'll be on bed rest for the rest of the week.. best of luck 2 u guys too!

Last edited by iphie : 11-12-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieanne323 View Post
Hi Kaimi. Aren't the injections fun? Not! I'm on my 9th day of those horrible progesterone oil shots. I hope they end soon. They reduced 2cc down to 1cc as of yesterday, so now it's only half the pain, lol. I guess the doctor was just going off his experience that they wouldn't all make it to blastocyst at the 5 day mark. Turns out he was right since I only ended up with 3 embryos out of 6 eggs. Two implanted and one to freeze. My blood test is this Saturday Nov. 15th. I'm having some mild cramping going on, but I know that's not necessarily a symptom of beng pg, it could just be side effects from the drugs and the transfer itself. So, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, yet trying to be positive at the same time. I do hope it is implantation that's causing cramping though...that would sure be nice. Good luck with your injections..hope they aren't too painful for you.
I had my first butt LOL injection this morning & I didn't feel a thing. Boy, was that needle LONG tho. I guess it needs to be long to go through my extra layer of FAT. lol
Are you going to take a pregnancy test before the 15th? I will FOR SURE. I don't know how some of these women go 2 weeks without taking at least one. lol
All the best! sending +++++ thoughts.
I have a total of 3 injections now (2 IM) and 1 belly. I'm sure by the time projecterone injections rolls around my butt will be needing some ice, hot packs or whatever too numb the pain. lol
Old 11-12-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphie View Post
hey pple.. i know its been a while since my last update.. i did my retrieval on friday and embryo transfer monday.. so now i wait for the 25th of nov to go for pregnancy test... i wish u all d best..i had 13embryo removed, but only two made it and was transferred.. i pray for a positive result in two weeks , everthing is now in Gods hands and not the doctors.. i dont work so i'll be on bed rest for the rest of the week.. best of luck 2 u guys too!
Hi, welcome back! I'm new here but what was your previous screen name or have you been lurking? I'm asking because you only have 2 posts.

Best of luck! Sending you +++++++++++ thoughts. Is this your first IVF cycle?
Old 11-13-2008, 06:34 AM

hey kaimi...yes it is, (my first cycle)and am nervous as hell... i 'm pretty new, i logged in sometime and i couldnt remember my password for a while..i have been on proges.. inj for 6days now, my butts getting sore, i dont know if ice helps cos i tried once but still felt it! i have been feeling reallly tired since the tranfer, i barely leave my bed, i dont know if its the inj or the oestrogen tabs am taking, does anyone know if this is normal..thank God i dont have a job now, cos my bosss wld def get be fired!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:36 AM

yeah am actually new here.. and my previous screeen name remains the same.. been around for a month!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphie View Post
hey kaimi...yes it is, (my first cycle)and am nervous as hell... i 'm pretty new, i logged in sometime and i couldnt remember my password for a while..i have been on proges.. inj for 6days now, my butts getting sore, i dont know if ice helps cos i tried once but still felt it! i have been feeling reallly tired since the tranfer, i barely leave my bed, i dont know if its the inj or the oestrogen tabs am taking, does anyone know if this is normal..thank God i dont have a job now, cos my bosss wld def get be fired!
sorry, your butt is hurting. lol mine hasn't gotten that sore yet, thank goodness.
hang in there. you're doing just fine with your cycle. sending ++ thoughts!
Old 11-13-2008, 05:01 PM

Good luck to Iphie!!!!! I'm at the end of the brutal 2ww. Actually, it's only a 10 day wait, but I am only 2 days away. I get my test on Saturday the 15th....but I'm expecting bad news. I have my blood drawn every 2 days since the trnsfr to check progesterone levels, etc. The doctor called me yesterday to inform me that my blood results yesterday indicated my HCG level was ZERO. He said to expect a negative result on Saturday because my chances of the HCG increasing to indicate pregnancy is about 10-20%. He said even this early (yesterday would be 7 days past a 5-day embryo trnsfr) that my HCG would not be zero if I was pregnant. I'm just hoping and praying that I'm in that 10-20% and that I just have a late implanter. I just really am crampy though and feel like AF is coming. I was really upset yesterday after that call. I just don't understand why the doctor had to call me 3 days before my test date and rain on my parade! That's 3 extra days of misery he put on me! I only have one frozen embryo to implant next month and after that......that's the end for me. I can't afford any additional treatment. Having Endo and being 35......my chances just won't be good without additional IVF and my husband won't adopt. **Good luck to you too Kaimi with your injections and your cycle. I hope at least one of us gets a positive result.

Julie
Old 11-14-2008, 06:52 AM

hey julie.. i'm so sorry to hear this.. i was realy hoping for a good result tomo for you.. as i said its all in Gods hands, never say never until the very last minute, keep your faith going until your test tomo, you never know the outcome, its just might turn around.take care and keep the faith!