ivflink.com Forums  

Go Back   ivflink.com Forums > All about IVF > Pre-IVF
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pre-IVF Pre-IVF preparation is a crucial part of achieving a successful IVF experience. Share your thoughts on pre-IVF expections and hopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 04:01 PM

Well like they say, 'it ain't over til the fat lady sings' , LOL
So maybe you'll get lucky and the test results will be a nice surprising positive. I know, it's really hard to stay positive, isn't it? I'm already feeling let down, even though I don't know the results yet. You know when you just have that feeling that you are going to get bad news? Of course you know, you probably are feeling it now.... this sucks, it just really sucks. No other way to put it. We try so hard and just never seem to catch a break. And it comes so easily to others, it's discouraging. Let's both try to be positive...
Good luck with your results...you just never know...
Old 12-12-2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieanne323 View Post
Well like they say, 'it ain't over til the fat lady sings' , LOL
So maybe you'll get lucky and the test results will be a nice surprising positive. I know, it's really hard to stay positive, isn't it? I'm already feeling let down, even though I don't know the results yet. You know when you just have that feeling that you are going to get bad news? Of course you know, you probably are feeling it now.... this sucks, it just really sucks. No other way to put it. We try so hard and just never seem to catch a break. And it comes so easily to others, it's discouraging. Let's both try to be positive...
Good luck with your results...you just never know...
my test on friday was negative. my re said it should have shown up by now and i'm too stop progesterone. so, day 2 of no progesterone. waiting for the witch too show up and it's NOT fun at all. seems to be worse after a cycle.
a couple more days until u get blood drawn.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:27 PM

Oh Kaimi, I'm so sorry. I wish I could change your results for you. I really do.
I have blood tests every other day since the transfer and they check my progesterone levels, etc. My doctor called me on day 7, which was yesterday afternoon, and told me there was 'evidence of implantation' and that my HCG level was 100. He said my final test on Monday should show if the numbers are doubling like they should and rising. So, it does look like it worked....but to be honest, I can't even feel too happy about it right now. I'm having such heavy cramping and backache that I am so afraid it's not going to last. I knew that even if I got a positive that I would be afraid to even be happy until the first trimester has past. I'm so afraid it will be snatched away from me. I should be happy, but I just feel this impending sense of doom. It's making me crazy. Once you're break is over, I hope you don't give up and try it again. It will be sooooooooo worth is when we have babies to hold in our arms. Try to enjoy the holiday. I hope everything goes well for you in the future. I probably won't post to this anymore, but I would love to stay in contact if you would like to. Thanks for your support through all this. Email me when you can.

Julie

Last edited by julieanne323 : 12-16-2008 at 10:15 AM. Reason: remove my personal email address that I shouldn't have entered
Old 12-15-2008, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Oh Kaimi, I'm so sorry. I wish I could change your results for you. I really do.
I have blood tests every other day since the transfer and they check my progesterone levels, etc. My doctor called me on day 7, which was yesterday afternoon, and told me there was 'evidence of implantation' and that my HCG level was 100. He said my final test on Monday should show if the numbers are doubling like they should and rising. So, it does look like it worked....but to be honest, I can't even feel too happy about it right now. I'm having such heavy cramping and backache that I am so afraid it's not going to last. I knew that even if I got a positive that I would be afraid to even be happy until the first trimester has past. I'm so afraid it will be snatched away from me. I should be happy, but I just feel this impending sense of doom. It's making me crazy. Once you're break is over, I hope you don't give up and try it again. It will be sooooooooo worth is when we have babies to hold in our arms. Try to enjoy the holiday. I hope everything goes well for you in the future. I probably won't post to this anymore, but I would love to stay in contact if you would like to. My email is. Thanks for your support through all this. Email me when you can.

Julie
Julie,
I sent you a private message w/ my e-mail because of SPAM -
Oh, I hope your doctor is right w/ the implantation and high hcg level.
Are you going to take a pg. test?

Well, the doctor called me about my beta and it was <.1 so almost zero and basically I guess nothing implanted. Bummer. I cried, cried and cried some more after I hung up the phone.

I don't know how much longer I will be on here either - it's so slow but I do check-in daily because of the ONE friend I have made. LOL Well, I was talking to the thread starter and PM'd her but she hasn't answered or been on in awhile.

I wonder what happened to Iphie? I hope she's kicked back and having morning sickness. LOL

Best of luck today! ++++++++++++++ thoughts all the way!!!

Last edited by Kaimi1993 : 12-18-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:14 AM

HI Kaimi. I didn't even think about posting my email and spam. Wish I could delete it now, lol. OH well....
Well, it's definitely positive. It's my Christmas miracle. I'm so afraid it's going to be snatched away though, so now I'm worried. I'm almost too worried to really enjoy the good news. My husband feels the same. But, we are trying to be positive and not let the worry get us down. I'm sorry about your results. I know how awful that feels, happened to me last time. And I've tried for 10 years to have a baby, since I was 25 yrs old....so I have had many, many years of disappointments. It's such a long road to suffer through. If I end up with one healthy baby out of all of these past 10 yrs of suffering, it will be worth it though. So don't give up hope Kaimi. Best of luck to you. Try to enjoy your holiday.

Julie
Old 12-17-2008, 03:41 AM

Quote:
HI Kaimi. I didn't even think about posting my email and spam. Wish I could delete it now, lol. OH well....
Well, it's definitely positive. It's my Christmas miracle. I'm so afraid it's going to be snatched away though, so now I'm worried. I'm almost too worried to really enjoy the good news. My husband feels the same. But, we are trying to be positive and not let the worry get us down. I'm sorry about your results. I know how awful that feels, happened to me last time. And I've tried for 10 years to have a baby, since I was 25 yrs old....so I have had many, many years of disappointments. It's such a long road to suffer through. If I end up with one healthy baby out of all of these past 10 yrs of suffering, it will be worth it though. So don't give up hope Kaimi. Best of luck to you. Try to enjoy your holiday.

Julie
You can still delete your post -- just click on 'edit' and erase it.

congratulations, did you take a home pregnancy test or just going by what the doctor says? Yes, that's a long time too conceive. We started in 1995 day of my husband being promoted to a higher rank. Wanted to make sure we were financially stable.

Keep me posted! Again, congratulations!!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:57 PM

Thanks Kaimi. Yeah, I figured out how to edit it and removed it. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Best of luck to you in the coming new year!