ivflink.com Forums  

Go Back   ivflink.com Forums > All about IVF > Pre-IVF
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pre-IVF Pre-IVF preparation is a crucial part of achieving a successful IVF experience. Share your thoughts on pre-IVF expections and hopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2008, 05:12 PM

Smile October-November Cycle Buddy 2008?

Hey, I am new to this forum, and just wanted to say a few quick things...I've had 9 IUI's- some with clomid, some with puregon, and 2 natural cycles...I am starting IVF in October-November...I would really like a cycle buddy- if anyone is game, plz let me know...
Old 08-27-2008, 09:28 AM

Hi,
Our game plan is to cycle at the end of November and I'd be more than happy to be your cycle buddy.
Is this your 1st IVF? It will be my 3rd IVF cycle and hopefully our last.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:32 PM

Smile Cycle Buddy

Hi Kaimi,

Thanks for responding! You're on IVF #3? I'm sorry the first 2 didn't work out?? Is any of the cost covered for you? This will be my first IVF- after 9 IUI's I think it's time to move on to the next step- unfortuneately. I started my BCP as the first step towards IVF...my clinic forgot to tell me I needed day 3 blood work...I called them conincidentally on day 6 I should know by now I have to double check everything!!! Looking forward to hearing about your experience(s).
Old 09-01-2008, 06:54 AM

Hi,
I'm sorry no blood was drawn on day 3.
I hope everything is okay. No, unfortunately our IVF's are NOT covered & it's all out of pocket. Sorry, but it $UCKS for us that we use all of our savings, put house up for a 2nd mortgage and we're NOT even guaranteed it will work.
Chat with you soon.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:17 PM

Smile Hi

Hi...that's crazy about the 2nd mortgage- but I understand that you will go to great lengths to create you family- I have to say lately I've been hearing too much of, 'Oh, it'll happen when you relax, and stop trying...' Do people not realize that after x number of years (my case 3) something is WRONG??? We just got a line of credit for our first IVF- at our clinic patients are signing a petition to be sent to the government requesting IVF to be funded...who knows, maybe with the federal election some good may come! - I'm in Ontario- where r u from? Thanks for buddying up:-)
Old 10-07-2008, 07:03 PM

Default Looking for cycle buddy...October-November

Hi ladies. I'm new to the group and hoping to buddy up with someone for my first IVF cycle. I'm starting my injections (on bcp right now) on October 18th for 10 days. I've done 3 IUI's about 6 years ago with my first husband and looking back now, luckily it didn't work out, lol. But, I have a GREAT new husband and due to Endometriosis and being 35yrs old, IVF is my best option. So, here we go! I am not sure if the embryos will be implanted as a fresh cycle or the following month as a frozen-thaw cycle, because I qualified for this special study they are doing at the clinic here in Las Vegas where I live. it saves me over $2,500.00 on the cost of IVF, so I am going to do it. It basically is to see if there is a difference in waiting a month after your uterus sheds it lining to implant. When they do the egg retrieval, they randomly choose half of the women to wait until the following month to implant and they freeze the embryo during that time. The other half of the women get implanted with a fresh embryo immediately when it's ready within the same cycle. So, I'm either going to be implanted in November or December, but I won't know yet until the egg retrieval in late Oct/early Nov. If anyone is interested in being my cycle buddy, I'd be grateful. Best of luck to those of you currently undergoing treatment.

Julie
Old 10-08-2008, 02:36 AM

Hi ladies,

My consultation is scheduled for October 20, 2008.

I'll be back to post more.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:04 PM

hey kaimi, julieanne and dingoheid.. hope i spelt your names correctly..
been married for 3years now, i've done 2 iui treatments , with no luck now we opted for ivf.. i hope i can be your buddy too. this is my first ivf cycle, and i'm really nervous, hoping it goes well.. i also just started lupron on mon 20/10/08, i'm scheduled for egg retrival next month.. best of luck to us all.. keep in touch
Old 10-22-2008, 08:36 AM

My consultation was on the 20th. I'm on Zithromax along with dh. I stopped by the lab to give bloodwork today.
We go back on the 27th for another consultaion and I think the doctor said that's when we will pick-up our medications.
I had an exam on the 20th and everything was perfect.
Nice too meet you iphie & julie. welcome.
Dingoheid, where are you?
Old 10-22-2008, 04:41 PM

Default Cycle update...injections...OUCH

Hey girls. Glad to hear I'll have some company with the meds. I started the injections of Menepuir (sp?) intramuscular and Follistim in the stomach (subcutaneous shot wasn't as bad as the other) last Saturday Oct. 18th. Been back for blood and ultrasound and another ultrasound Thursday and Saturday of this week. 10 days of these meds...today is day 5, halfway through! I can do this! I have quite a needle phobia, so this is a little hard for me. My egg retrieval is set for somewhere during the first few days of November, so glad I get sedated for that. I'll know on that day whether they'll do the embryo transfer in November or December as I'm part of that drug study I mentioned in my first post..(see first post for explanation). Hope you girls are coming along okay with everything. Best of luck!

Julie