ivflink.com Forums  

Go Back   ivflink.com Forums > General Infertility > Share you infertility story
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Share you infertility story IVF revolutionized infertility treatments. Share your IVF success, infertility trials, or even IVF disappointments.

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
  2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009, 08:52 AM

Default IVF miracle

After struggling too many years trying to get pregnant, I am now a Mom! I, (we, my wonderful husband!) underwent IVF treatment and was successful the first time. I can't believe how fabulous this has left me feeling, which only highlights how badly I was probably feeling before.

I did not take to the IVF idea at first. But when I turned 30 two years ago, I could see I needed to try something different as it was not happening naturally.

But what does "naturally" mean? My precious baby girl, Melissa, is as natural as it gets.

I will try to put together more details of our story and post.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:17 AM

Can you explain what treatment worked for you?
I know different doctors prefer different routines. I'd like to compare what worked for you with what is not working for me.
I am very happy for you!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:21 AM
smith

One comment I'd offer in regard to treatment, is that there appears to be a dividing line between doctors over how many eggs they will use in ivf. the more the better your chances, but also the greater the chances of a mulitple pregnancy.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:54 AM

That was certinly true for me. My doctor would only use three. We had more and wanted to use them but he would not.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:50 AM

There's nothing like hearing that you are indeed pregnant, and I imagine there's an equally strong reaction to the opposite.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:13 AM
smith

Another comment on multiple eggs: I read that this likely will be THE issue as fallout from the Octuplets story. Because the more eggs planted, the greater the chances for success, but also of a multiple pregnancy.