ivflink.com Forums  

Go Back   ivflink.com Forums > All about IVF > Tubal Reversal vs IVF
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubal Reversal vs IVF Issues and discussions relevant to tubal reversal surgery and use of ivf; tubal reversal procedures and ivf; and experiences related to tubal reversal and ivf.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
  1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2009, 10:24 AM
ItsOnlyTheBeginning

Default Cost of each?

Because my tubal ligation was voluntary (in 2005), my insurance won't pay a DIME for a reversal or IVF.

I've done some research but have had no consultations. I don't really know if I'm even a candidate for a reversal. But, let's say that I am. Would it be more beneficial financially to just to forward with IVF than to chance the reversal? I mean...the reversal isn't guaranteed and I'm def capable of carrying a child so IVF would be a definite success.

If I fork over the money for a reversal that ends up not working, I'm still going to have to pay for IVF.

Suggestions? Successes? Failures?
Old 02-06-2009, 06:22 AM

A difficult decision. My no-count opinion is to take the sure thing, ivf. If you get the reversal, as you say, it may not work, and you may be right back where you are without a pg. at least with ivf you know it would only be one procedure. but it definitely is expensive.
I'll be looking for your posts.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:55 AM

Default Go

A few things to consider for those who might want to consider a "reversal." In my case, I found out that even though I went back to the doctor who did the laparoscopy, it was unclear whether or not there was enough material left to perform a reversal. This meant that there was an additional expense and procedure for that. When all is said and done, I wish I'd just gone with ivf.
I hope this may help some.
________
Free X Videos Online

Last edited by tennis101 : 05-03-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:19 AM

I am wondering what the difference is cost wise and successrate wise, of a man having a vasectomy and having it reversed, vs. a woman having her tubes tied and having that reversed? Seems the tubal is the more complicated and unsure, which perhaps suggests mroe men should "volunteer" to have the procedure as there's is also easily reversed.
Yeah, that sounds pretty ons-sided, but I think a throurgh examinatin of the odds would make the logic crystal clear .